Monday, October 31, 2016

Self Portraits and Portraits Part 1

"This type of framing can add a sense of fun and energy into your shots. Just don’t ‘slightly’ do it or you’ll have people asking themselves if you might have mistakenly held your camera crooked." 

"The most common mistake made by photographers is that they are not physically close enough to their subjects. In some cases this means that the center of interest—the subject—is just a speck, too small to have any impact. Even when it is big enough to be decipherable, it usually carries little meaning. Viewers can sense when a subject is small because it was supposed to be and when it's small because the photographer was too shy to get close."

Environmental Portrait:





Image result for environmental portrait

I liked this photo because I love Basketball and I think it was a rally cool way to shoot the picture from above the rim through the net.








Image result for environmental portrait

I liked this one because he looks just completely alone with just the water and a tiny bit of land in the frame.


Photography Self Portrait:

Image result for photography self portrait
























 liked this one because it looks really cool how his whole body looks normal and still but his face is shaking rapidly and makes the picture look really cool.

Image result for photography self portrait
























This one I liked because he is drawing himself and I like how it tells the viewer that he is a drawer in a really cool way.


Casual Portrait:
Image result for Casual portrait
















I liked this one basically just because of the angle which makes it more unique than the other casual portraits.
Image result for Casual portrait























I liked this one because I really like kids and it was not like all he other adult portraits that are not very interesting to me.

Portrait Assignment:

For my portrait project I will be shooting portraits of my 4 year-old niece, Claire. I will be shooting at my grandmother's big house that has many different interesting places to shoot. I am striving to make the pictures interesting with different angles and backgrounds, I especially will try and use the photography rules of Framing, Avoiding Mergers and Rule of Thirds.



No comments:

Post a Comment